Saving Moore Animals
Find out why we do what we do
Our mission is to ensure that all animals are treated with compassion and respect and to end euthanasia as a means of controlling pet overpopulation in our community.
Moore Humane Society is a private, nonprofit rescue organization incorporated in 1966. We are the founders of animal welfare in the Sandhills and we operate the only privately funded, state licensed “no-kill” animal shelter in Moore County.
We are not part of Moore County Government or animal control. We receive no government support of any kind or funding from any organization. Private donations are our only source of income and our ability to rescue homeless animals in need depends entirely on the compassion and generosity of our members. All donations are tax-deductible as we are a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization (IRS #56-0891408). Your support will help us save the lives of and find homes for Moore animals!
We Provide the Following Services:
- Rescue, Rehabilitate, and Adopt homeless animals
- Low cost Spay/Neuter
- Helping to manage feral cat populations through the Trap, Neuter and Release (TNR) Program
- Lost & found assistance
- Maintaining the Pooch Park as a space for animals to play
- Pet health and pet training information
- Humane education to local schools, day care facilities and other organizations