WE ARE SET APART
We care about saving Moore lives.
- The Moore Humane Society is a long-term care facility that practices “no-kill philosophies.”
- Our primary goal is to rescue and find appropriate placements for homeless animals.
- Adoptable & treatable animals that demonstrate no signs of aggression, will remain at our facility until the right home is found for them.
- We accept strays into our facility and encourage the public to bring strays to us to be evaluated for adoptability. However, because of current local ordinances, we must notify Moore County Animal Control when accepting strays into our facility.
- Please understand that we do not receive money from any governmental or other agency grants. We survive solely on private donations and our financial capacity is limited.
- For the welfare of our resident animals, we cannot exceed our capacity.
- We cannot accept vicious, feral, or animals that have been known to bite into our facility.
- We believe in educating our community about responsible pet ownership and the humane treatment of animals. We also practice progressive spay/neuter & adoption programs.
- Adoption applications are not necessarily approved on a first come, first served basis. Our goal is to find the right family for the right animal, and the right animal for the right family. Therefore, we reserve the right to approve applications that appear to be the best fit for both the adopter and the adoptee.
- All animals four months or older (females are spayed at 8 weeks) must be neutered and vaccinated for rabies before being released into the custody of the adopter. No exceptions.
- We reserve the right to deny an applicant whom we feel has falsified their application, or who is not able to properly care for an animal, based on our standards. We understand that our standards may not be in agreement with others.
- We are not at liberty to “hold” certain animals for individuals, as we must make room as soon as possible for animals in need.
- We will not knowingly place an animal that is unhealthy or aggressive into someone’s home.